Thursday 2 October 2008

The Kite Runner

I've just finished reading The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, such a beautifully written book, I really don't think I could do it justice. The basic premise of the book can be found in the link above. I don't think I've ever been so torn between not wanting to know what comes next and being unable to put a book down, hoping that everything will turn out ok but knowing that my hope for a happy ending is pretty futile and the story is going to have a lot more emotional turmoil, it actually had me holding back the tears in several parts. Not sure whether I will be able to sit through the film when it comes out, but I will definitely be looking out for Hosseini's next book A Thousand Splendid Suns on my next trip into Manchester. But for tonight, my next book is Reading Lolita In Tehran which is a memoir by Azar Nafisi.

No comments: