Friday 21 August 2009

Summertime Catch Up

My blog posts over the summer have been very sporadic at best. I just feel like the past 2 months have passed in a blur!
I spent almost 3 weeks of July volunteering for Manchester International Festival along side my day job. I worked mostly as front of house for the Bach/Hadid Salon at Manchester City Art Gallery
Mif09-3

I was very lucky in that I managed to catch at least one half of each performance for the three different concert solos (piano, cello and violin). I also worked at It Felt Like A Kiss although that was mainly waiting at designated 'escape routes' in case people left because the experience got too scary/intense, on my last shift the assistant director gave us a whistle stop tour of the space/show explaining the story including a lot of the more subtle clues through out which was the highlight of my time volunteering. The film by Adam Curtis which is a part of the installation can be viewed online at the BBC. I have to say, if I'd known a bit more about it, I would definitely have bought a ticket to go see, although I thought that about quite a few of the MiF events.

Along side that during August I joined Hot Bed Press, a print studio in Salford. I thought it was time I got back into it and put my MA to good use! I have successfully exposed a zinc plate with photec, hoping to go back next week to dip it into the acid so I can produce my first print in about 5 years!

Mid August also saw me & Ant heading to Paris for a 4 day city break - I'm still processing the photos, so a full blog post on that at a later date, but here's one of my fav shots so far taken on the Metro
Denfert-Rochereau

No comments: