Thursday 31 December 2009

Another Year, Another Batch of Resolutions

I guess it's that time of year again, to make a list of things I'd like to achieve, doable things though... not ridiculous things like shrinking down to a size 6.

1. Visit Hot Bed Press at least 3 times a month - I've been a member of the print studios for almost 6 months, and really haven't spent enough time getting back into it.
2. Read a new book every month - I must have at least 30 books sat on various shelves waiting to be read, it's time I really started ploughing through them
3. travel to at least 2 new countries - hoping to do either a couple of city breaks this year, or go for a bit longer and travel through a couple of countries, Northern Europe is high on the list.
4. Get fit and run a race - I've put back on 10lbs in the last 5 months, since I stopped exercising regularly - mainly due to the weather being awful and running being my exercise of choice, so I've bought a wii and intend to use it, aiming to lose around 20lbs by easter time.
5. learn how to use illustrator - I'm terrible for not sticking at things I find difficult, so I need some recommendations on good tutorials and to get stuck in really.
6. Get the bottle to try out colour film processing at home - apparently the only real difference is that colour film is more sensitive when it comes to the temperature, I just need to get out there and buy the chemicals.
7. Complete my NVQ level 3 before Easter and swiftly start on level 4 - this is a qualification I'm doing through work, and need to complete if I'm going to achieve my goal of getting a new job
8. Update my blog regularly (ie more than once a month) - I have a list of stuff I keep meaning to blog about, but never seem to find the time/inclination

I'm sure I'll come back and amend this, as I'm sure there's more things I will think of over the next few days

A permanent (aka year round) list of my goals can be found over at 43 Things

Happy New Year, lets hope 2010 is a damn sight better than 2009!

Green Haze

I'll finish 2009 with this photo, that was short listed for the Salford Photographic Prize 2009.

No comments: